Sunday, July 31, 2016

The Bowie Slides- Dream 7/31/16

Ok, so I will try not to let this blog become a dream journal, because I already have one.  But on some days, circumstances only allow me to write my dream.  So here it is…

            I was on vacation and travelled west into Appalachia.  I believe it was West Virginia and I stopped at the Bowie slides.  This was a great playground like structure, much like those at Six Flags where kids can climb high into the air on rope bridges and whatnot.  The structure was constructed like a platform that is used for water slides.  Part of the Bowie Slides was attached to a mountain cliff face, and was quite the hike to reach.  By the time I summited it, my legs were weak and fatigued.  At the top, I could see down into a valley with a river flowing through it.  Then, I sat down onto the top of the first slide and went.  Bowie slides was called so because there wasn’t one continuous slide that went the whole way, but it ended on the next level and you’d have to get on the next slide.  The other reason it was named Bowie Slides is because every slide you went down you heard a different David Bowie song.  The most fun slide I remember (the only one I remember) played Modern Love, or may it was Golden Years.  Both are good songs, nonetheless. 

            After sliding, I went into the locker house to find that the bathroom was absent of private stalls but was set up more like a roman bath house, with a long row wooden toilette seats right next to each other.  Luckily, no one was there but me.

            Next I met up with a friend (we’ll call him Jayson) and went for a swim in the lake that the river flowed into.  As we swam we discussed the topics of liberty and law.  When we came upon a rope floating across the lake, Jayson noted that it marked the boundaries of the swimming area and advised me not to cross it.  Knowing full well that there was no danger beyond it. I began to swim across and turned into a stingray.  I rejoiced in the freedom of swimming as a member of the superorder Batoidea.  I leapt out of the water, into the air and did a backflip.  I landed back with a splash, tossing a spray of h2o from the free waters over the boundary to Jayson.


            Thus concludes my dream.  Typically, in my dream journal, I will tailor the events into some sort of plot that will feed into the narrative of all my other dreams.  Here I just wanted to portray the dream in its natural state, rather than it be part of a bigger storyline that you readers wouldn’t know about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment