Saturday, January 13, 2018

The Dirigible of Ocean City: A Screenplay

Up above is the working title for my screenplay in progress, I'm happy to announce.  This is a story that's long been in development.  The initial ideaspark (oh right, I am going to begin coining german-like compound words) was in the summer of 2016.

The initial idea came about after I'd asked out two girls from work in the same day.  At the same time I was considering entering some artwork into a show in Ocean City, MD.  When I was thinking about what I'd like to paint, I pictured a dirigible flying over a stormy inlet in OC.  From there I came up with a basic story about an artist-turned-pilot who was caught in a love triangle leading up to his big launch.  I only dated one, by the way.

Anyway, life got busy and other story ideas came along.  The story got shelved along the way.  I also went to film school.  While there I learned I could, in fact, outline and write a well developed story in screenplay form.  And so, wanting to get a movie in the works, post-filmschool, this one re-emerged.

I will be posting as I go to update my progress.  You can follow along in the creative process and see the story take shape in front of your own eyes.  I will post excerpts, outlines (maybe, don't want to give spoilers), and whatever else I think is interesting along the way.

Anything found interesting feel free to share.  I don't think it needs to be said that you can freely share posts from a public blog.  I'm just saying because it's appreciated.

So, for an update so far, I have made a preliminary outline, one that still has plenty of development to go.  The story itself is fairly set.  I've got the main characters, major plot points, and settings set.  I've got a list of influences and inspirations down.  The details and other elements I will go over in my next post.

I am certainly excited to dive into this process.  I hope you will find it interesting and as exciting as I do.  If not, just wait until the movie comes out, or until the finished project is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment