Thursday, January 5, 2017

Judeo-Christian Philosocentric Theo-fluid Spiritual Agnosticism (JCPTFSA)

*Pre-note: please enjoy the tangents and ramblings*


I wrote about spirituality and religion on the Bithiyan in the past, but never went into any specific beliefs that I tend to orbit around.  That's why, today, I'd like to discuss:

Judeo-Christian Philosocentric Theo-fluid Spiritual Agnosticism

I think the easiest way to explain what all this means is to break it down piece by piece.  I begin with Judeo-Christian because I come from a Catholic Christian background.  Additionally, the culture of the United States and the West (my culture) is founded in Christianity.  Philosocentric, I'm not sure is a word. Anyhow, I use it to signify what I retain and respect from mainly Christianity, but also other religions as well.  But not all.  And what I've kept are the main philosophical, moral, and ethical principles behind the teachings.  Theo-fluid simply refers to not having an exclusive relationship with Christian philosophy.  Eastern spirituality and philosophy has its merits as well.  Spiritual follows in line with the prior sentence but also with my connection to my culture and history, nature and the cosmos, and the ancients.

Jay Wilde could tell you about a spiritual moment I had on a rollercoaster.

Finally, all these adjectives and caveats are piled onto agnosticism.  I've never experienced any empirical evidence for the divine or a metaphysical existence.  Yet I think that there is some bigger meaning to human existence.  The idea that there are things out in the universe, such as immense nebulae, foreign galaxies, and things so far away we will never truly experience them, creates out of its grandeur a sense of purpose.  There is someone or some energy in the universe that can perceive what is imperceivable to us.  Even though we cannot experience sitting on the icy planes of Pluto, it exists.  Since it exists, it can be perceived.  Therefore, some one, perhaps a nebulous conscious energy, can perceive it.  That supposed energy is part of the universe.  So are we.  The universe is one, and all things come from the same source.  From a diverging point, the atoms that make up your body and the atoms that swirl around the farthest away galaxy our technology can detect, both came.  Another thing is the past.  Charlemagne ruled the Franks under the Carolingian dynasty.  But no one today can truly prove that history was.  Yet whatever was past is now present.  The bouncing of molecules and the heat of stars led to the birth of agriculture and later the industrial revolution.  That led to the existence of human present day.  History is a thing that no one will ever see again.  Nonetheless we have entire academic fields and institutions dedicated to it.  I have a  degree in it.  All that is, is connected.  This has come a far way off of agnosticism.  But I think what I'm getting at is: that it's not all meaningless.  I've always sort of interpreted agnosticism as the lack of proof for a truth, while swimming in a pool of people that all claim to have the answer.

What is the secret of the universe?

Since I don't think anyone can give a definitive answer, I'll select a place holder until we find an answer:  Fashion

Please Comment/Share/Like/Subscribe/Discuss/Support/EtC.
Shema Humata: Tass Sheshco

No comments:

Post a Comment