Thursday, March 7, 2019

Gus Dapperton: My Favorite Fish

Gus Dapperton is a young indie artist of his early 20's. He's been at it since his high school days and is making a big splash in the indie music world. He just completed a big North American tour and is now in Europe. Gus recently announced that he has his first album coming out in April. 


I could go into detail to explain his sound and musical style, but it's easier to just listen for yourself. One defining characteristic of his music that I will mention is the guitar sound. You can find his guitar sound, along with synths in similar style with other artists like Boy Pablo and Her's. In contrast to his contemporaries, Gus adds his own unique touches that make his music stand out. Gus also has a personal and colorful visual style, including a self-cut bowl cut and oversized 90's sweaters. 


I had the pleasure of meeting him after his Halloween blowout concert in NYC. Mr. Dapperton and his band welcomed me in their green room after the show. These up an coming stars may party like rock stars, but seem to be very down to earth. 

Check out his newest track, My Favorite Fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment