Friday, September 9, 2016

Quotes of the Day


"A locked door is as good as a wall."
                                       -Myself

This quote popped in my head while at work today. What inspired it was simply the corner between the men's bathroom door and the employee only back room.  To customers, the door to the back room is as good as a wall.

"It's a cotton candy sky!"
-My Cousin Austin

Austin is my youngin cousin.  Tonight he saw the sunset and declared it a a cotton candy sky.  I thought it was quite poetic for a nearly three year old to say, even though he was simply calling it as he sees it.  After hearing him say that, "It's only a paper moon" instantly popped into my head.

And so I took those two quotes and wrote a small poem to the tune of "It's only a paper moon."
Voila!

A locked door is good as a wall,
and so I walked on by.
And then a sight made my delight.
It's a cotton candy sky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment