Friday, August 19, 2016

An Afternoon of Wine

             Sangria, sweet and fruity, kicked off my 5 o’clock with a quenchful buzz launching me  into dinner.  Spaghetti and garlic bread with some Pinot Grigio.  Does pinot grigio go with the long Italian noodle? I don’t know, but I needed to finish the bottle.  Three glasses after two sangrias and I’m ready for a press conference with the board of 1017 films.  Am I ill affected? Nay, I’m quite the Irishman.  What’s next? Merlot? Perhaps.  It’s not even eleven and I’ve got more work to do.  No, alcohol doesn’t fuel my days.  That’s reserved for my love: Coffee, CafĂ©, Caffe, Caife, Java, Joe.  My true liquid love has many names.  Not often does vino present itself for indulgence to me.  The situation stands that certain individuals within my household should not have wine at the ready, despite their excellent self-control.  Better that it’s out of the house and I’ve taken the responsibility.  Actually you could call it a challenge.  I am not fond of alcohol outside of social events.  But this is a fine excuse to have one rare evening of winacular indulgence at home.  Two bottles down and it’s time to open that merlot.  Let’s go!

No comments:

Post a Comment